Sunday, June 22, 2008

Welcome Message for Tactics 100 Live Players!

Greetings Live Tacticians!

I, Doctorrook (formerly played as 'Lynx' before we needed to use a Gamebrew ID) decided to make this strategy blog for Beginner, Advanced, and Expert players of TACTICS 100 LIVE currently hosted on Gamebrew. Right now there is a comment section and an Official Blog that has game updates, but no area to discuss actual Tactics, hence making this an Unofficial Guide. I will probably be promoting this Blog wherever I can during gameplay or postings until there is an Official area for us to discuss strategies.

A little about myself:
Currently I have never ranked better then #30, but I'm also not much of a record protector, so sometimes I lose when having fun and trying new strategies or just up against a superior player. There are people way above my skill level and I hope they join us as contributors on this site to make the game an even more enriching experience. I have been playing the game since its early inceptions, back when the games hills were in the middle row of the map and no penalties for jumping on top. The best games I have played are usually ones that I have lost, which is my reason for this Blog. I want to help new players get up to speed on the game quicker, while also helping develop the more advanced players allowing a well versed experience pool. Personally my favorite army is the 1 Ubermage/7 Archers (I used to hate clerics and knights), but ever since the upgrade to the knights I have learned to become extremely effective with the 1 Ubermage/5 Knight/2 Archer army.

A little about the game:
This game can be extremely fun, but newcomers sometimes complain about the pacing, which is actually the best part for me. Unlike Chess, you move all your pieces at one go, so strategy becomes very important. At different times in the games history different types of armies have dominated (more discussion on this at a later time). The key to the game is to find the one army that can help you win as much as possible, but the beauty of the game is that no matter how dominant your army is, there is a setup that can take you down. A player can have a staggering record of 400 wins-50 losses, yet still lose to a player with 20 wins - 115 losses because the weaker players particular setup might lose regularly, but will be the dominant players only weakness. I hope we can bring to light various strategies in this Blog with the right participation.

Now What?:
I think the best first step in starting this blog will be a way to help out all the New Players in the game on knowing the fundamentals of game so that the learning curve isn't tremendous and they get frustrated by being dominated and quit playing. So stay tuned for my first guide to be posted shortly.

Game On...

-Doctorrook

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Decent guide, though the Veteran bonus is incorrect. Knights get 25% per kill. I forget what Archers get. Healers also get Veteran bonuses when they heal someone that has redlined (lastDitch) HPs.

Unknown said...

Can you explain how chain attacks work? ie: I know it hits "close" enemies, but is it random which ones?

ie:

M

KKKK
KKKK

If the mage hits the 3rd knight on the top row (with maxed chain upgrade), will the same 4 knights always be affected? If so, is there somewhere where this is described?

I ask because I've been in situations like this:


M
K
K
A

Where the archer was at say 13%. In order to not lose damage from moving (and so to do more chain damage), I hit the middle knight, thinking the chain would go to the other knight and the archer (I had chain at +3). It hit the middle knight and the top knight only--not the archer.

So basically--is there any way to tell for sure which enemies will be affected by a mage's chain?

Unknown said...

Hi,
How do I control the movement of the pieces so I can make them attack from behind or from the side an opposition piece?
Any help would be great
Thanks